RECTORY MEADOW SURGERY
SEASONAL ‘FLU VACCINATION CLINICS 2017
WHEN CAN I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
Our seasonal ‘flu vaccination clinics are by appointment only, on the following dates:
Thurs, 28 Sept 9-11.30am-FULL
Thurs, 19 Oct 12.30-2.30pm
Sat, 30 Sept 9-12noon
Tues 24 Oct 12-1pm
Wed, 4 Oct 1-3pm
Thurs, 26 Oct 9-11.30am
Thurs, 5 Oct 12–2pm
Wed, 1 Nov 1-3pm
Tues, 10 Oct 12-1pm
Thurs, 2 Nov 4-6pm
Thurs, 12 Oct 9-11.30am
Sat, 14 Oct 9-12noon
Wed, 18 Oct 1-3pm
AM I ENTITLED TO A FREE ‘FLU VACCINATION?
In accordance with Department of Health Policy, if you fall into one of the categories below, you will be entitled to a ‘flu vaccination free of charge: -
- All those aged 65 and over
- All children aged either 2 or 3 on 31.08.2017 (Children in school years Reception, 1, 2 & 3 will receive their vaccination through the schools program)
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Unpaid Carers
- Healthcare Workers
- Pregnant Women
- Those suffering any of the following conditions: -
- Chronic Respiratory Disease (requiring continued or repeated use of inhaled steroids – this does not include use of Ventolin (Salbutamol) only.
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic Neurological Disease eg. Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis
- Immunosuppression due to disease (eg. Splenic dysfunction or HIV) or treatment (eg those undergoing chemotherapy or those treated with systemic steroids)
- Morbid Obesity (BMI >40)
If you do not fall into one of the categories above, we regret we are unable to administer a ‘flu vaccine. However we would be happy to suggest alternative providers. Please ask at reception.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT? **New Online Booking Facility**
We administer over 2000 ‘flu vaccines during flu season. In order to manage the demand for appointments, we will be taking bookings for ‘flu vaccinations both by telephone (between 9.30-12 noon option 1) and via our online booking system, Patient Access.
These appointments are only available to those patients who are entitled to a free vaccination (see above). We regret that you will be refused a vaccination if you do not fit these criteria.